H4 volunteer job in IT

h4seekingh1

Hi all,

I am in the US for the last one year on H4 visa. Recently I was looking for a volunteer job in non profit organisation and fortunately came across an organisation who is ready to offer a volunteer position in the IT space. I am not sure if there are any immigration restrictions to take up this volunteer position. I could not find much information in the Uscis website. This is a no pay volunteer job and would like to know if there would be any issues from the immigration stand point before I take this job. Appreciate your help in providing me guidence in this regard. Any immigration attorney's guidence in this regard is also highly appreciated.

Any website references in this matter is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

My wife is also on H4 and in IT and looking for volunteer. Could you please tell me your company's name. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by h4seekingh1:

Hi all,

I am in the US for the last one year on H4 visa. Recently I was looking for a volunteer job in non profit organisation and fortunately came across an organisation who is ready to offer a volunteer position in the IT space. I am not sure if there are any immigration restrictions to take up this volunteer position. I could not find much information in the Uscis website. This is a no pay volunteer job and would like to know if there would be any issues from the immigration stand point before I take this job. Appreciate your help in providing me guidence in this regard. Any immigration attorney's guidence in this regard is also highly appreciated.

Any website references in this matter is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Archived