H4 to H1 without client letter

mshh123

Hi I got my H1 on 2008 oct and changed to h4 on feb 2009 ,my h1b visa i going to expire on sep 22 2011 ,is it possible to transfer my visa to h1 after the expiry date ....that is after i get a job ....and do we need client leeter to transfer from h4 to h1 ....is it possible to transfer without client letter?

Generally, as long as you have been counted against the H1B cap and have not exhausted your full six years of H1B authorization you may be eligible to change your status from H4 to H1B provided the position qualifies for H1B and you are qualified for the position. The question regarding a client letter depends on the type of employment you will be engaged in. Once you have found qualifying H1B employment, it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney who can advise you based on your specific situation at the time and your long-term goals. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded H1B Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived