H1B Visa stamping in Buenos Aires, Argentina

t3131

My second H1B has been approved starting from Oct 1st 2011 to Sept 2014.

I have to go to Buenos Aires for a total of 8 days (including weekends). That gives me 5 Working days.

If I go to the embassy on the very first day , will it be sufficient time to get my Visa?

Any information on this matter will be very helpful.

I would suggest you not to go for visa stamping to a different country other than our home country. I am going thru the worst experience of my life having been interviewed at Dubai. If possible go to bahamas, or mexico and get the visa stamping out of the way. Regardless, be prepared for the worst outcome becasue there is no really sure way of saying that you will get the visa , no matter what part of the world you go for stamping. My two cents.

Originally posted by t3131:

I have to go to Buenos Aires for a total of 8 days (including weekends). That gives me 5 Working days.

If I go to the embassy on the very first day , will it be sufficient time to get my Visa?

• 2 months later...

I am in the Same boat as you. Need to travel to Buenos Aires on business purpose and have to get H1B renewed.

Can you please share your experience ? How long did it take to receive your passport from the US consulate in Buenos Aires ?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived