Recruiting Process Question (PERM)

mnop

My firm will shortly start the advertising / recruiting process as part of my PERM application.

My HR's understanding is that if even "one" applicant who meets the minimum job criteria responds to the job posting, the company will have to acknowledge that a candidate meets the minimum criteria and has no choice but to END the PERM process.

While this is unsettling, I have a feeling that their understanding is inaccurate.

Can someone who's gone through this shed some light?

Thanks a lot

The employer must review the resumes received to determine if there are applicants potentially minimally qualified for the position. The employer must contact these applicants to further determine if there are willing, able, and qualified U.S. workers within the applicant pool. The employer must screen these applicants in a manner consistent with the employer's hiring practices. If the employer determines that, of the applicants, none is a willing, able, and qualified U.S. worker, the employer will prepare a recruitment summary documenting this determination. This summary is retained in the audit file.

Archived