H1 in Admin processing..Applying for H4

nandanv

Hi All

My wife's H1 is under Admin Processing (221g blue) for past 3 months and I am planning to bring her on H4.

We got married 5 days after she attended H1 visa interview.

I am in US with H1 stamping and I can provide her all the documents.

Question:

1) Dose she have to withdraw her H1 petition before she apply for H4? If so what is the procedure.

2) Or can she attend interview for H4 and let the VO cancel her previous H1 petition?

I had the same scenario. We have to withdraw the H1 application first. Also you can ask one of those vfshelpline people. Send an email to infoushyderabad@vfshelpline.com or whatever the consulate you went for H1. They will give you the guidelines. I asked one of the lawyer and they suggested to withdraw the H1 application first.

• 2 months later...

I was in same situation.....I send an e-mail to chennai consulate(chennainiv) to withdraw my pending application...I got reply from them stating come to chennai embassy on any thursday to withdraw but i did not go to chennai since my H4 visa slot was in 1 week at hyderabad consulate....I got my H4 visa stamped without any questions about my previous H1 stamping.I am back in US now...

Archived