h4 extension pending ..family emergency need to travel to india

butterflylifegreen

My husbands employer filed for our H1 and h4 extensions together. My husbands petition got approved but mine is still in initial review.

I have to travel to India urgently. My h4 visa and i-94 expired on July end. We had applied for extension in may. I have called uscis several times but they say that my case is within the normal processing time frame. Now that i have to travel to india what should i do?

there are some specific doubts i have

1. should i drop the old i-94 that has expiry of july at the time of departure.

2.If i leave US while the extension is pending what will happen to it? Will it get denied?

If it gets denied will my stay till after the expiry of the visa be considered illegal?

3. My husbad is planning to come later. If my extension petiton gets approved should my husband drop the new i-94 atached to the aproval copy on my behalf.

4. Do i need my h4 approval copy to go for stamping while i am in india or my husbands i-797 is sufficient....

Pls advice..

• 3 weeks later...

1. Yes. Airlines will take it.

2. If you go out of country while extension is pending, your petition will be denied.

3. No need.

4. You can go to any consulate in India for H4 stamping on your husband's H1B appoved I-797. Make sure you take all the required documents.

original message---------------------------

My husbands employer filed for our H1 and h4 extensions together. My husbands petition got approved but mine is still in initial review.

I have to travel to India urgently. My h4 visa and i-94 expired on July end. We had applied for extension in may. I have called uscis several times but they say that my case is within the normal processing time frame. Now that i have to travel to india what should i do?

there are some specific doubts i have

1. should i drop the old i-94 that has expiry of july at the time of departure.

2.If i leave US while the extension is pending what will happen to it? Will it get denied?

If it gets denied will my stay till after the expiry of the visa be considered illegal?

3. My husbad is planning to come later. If my extension petiton gets approved should my husband drop the new i-94 atached to the aproval copy on my behalf.

4. Do i need my h4 approval copy to go for stamping while i am in india or my husbands i-797 is sufficient....

Pls advice..

Archived