Working from home in USA for an Indian company on H4

e_worker

My wife is planning to come to USA in August/September on H4 to join me.

She is currently working for an Indian company. Her company is asking if she can work remotely from USA and the she will be kept in Indian payroll and will be paid in Indian currency.

My question is, can she work remotely for an Indian company from US while on H4?

Sorry, she can NOT work for the company while she is in the US on H4.

It doesn't matter where the company is located, it matters where the person is located. A person in the US on H4 is NOT allowed to work at all. Period.

Originally posted by Murryy79:

I completely agree with joeF. however, I was wondering how 'ld someone know that a spouse is working from home for a corporate in India and getting paid in India... Just a random thought

IRS has ways to know that... There is always a paper trail. If you think USCIS is bad, you haven't had to deal with IRS...

They couldn't nail mafia boss Al Capone for murder, but they got him for tax evasion... The US has no mercy when it comes to tax evasion.

When Bill Clinton left office, he wanted to pardon Marc Rich, a tax evader who is living in Switzerland. Guess what? The next Congress reverted that pardon as one of the first actions...

And if somebody lies about working illegally on an immigration application, that's pretty much a guarantee for a lifelong ban.

Archived