i-485 age out

mnb1012

hey everyone, im kinda new to this so pls bare with me.

i have been living in the us since 2002 under td visa my dad was under a tn visa hes work has been trying to sponsor him for a while but he did not decided to stay in the u.s till a few years ago..

my question is around 2007 i was just 20 years old is when he applied for adjustment of status..i think? to be honest the whole immigration is pretty confusing.. here is what it says on the website when i put my receipt number,...

"On October 1, 2007, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators."

does this mean i am okay? since it was filed on 2007 before i turned 21? my dad falls in eb3 category. sorry id be really sad if i had to leave the u.s since i have been living here for so long.. pls anyone help me

1. Does your school teach you proper English grammar? You should take that class. You are not going to communicate by texting at work, trust me.

2. I understand your dad's application was filed in 2007. Was your AOS filed in 2007, too? If so, then you are fine.

Archived