Got Green....

ferguson

Hello Everyone:

My green card journey is finally over today. I got the cards in the mail for me and my wife. It has been a long journey. Starting from F-1 to OPT to H1B (3 renewals) to PERM to II40 to I485 (multiple renewals of AP and EAD), it took me 11 years to get here. Not to mention waiting for visa bulletin every month for the last 5 years.

This forum has been a huge help in terms of getting the right guidance but most importantly it has acted as a support group. It always made me feel I am not alone.

To those of you waiting I wish you all the best and I sincerely hope you all get your green cards quickly.

PD: July 2006

485 Filing: July 2007 (fiasco)

CPO: June 4, 2011

Card Received: June 13, 2011

Service Center: Texas

Congratulations on the GC.

I have a quick question for you. I am in the same boat except my PD will be current in July. Did they have you do another medical exam since I assume the old one was done during the July 2007 fiasco?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

• 2 weeks later...

I opened an SR today as well. The lady said I would hear something in 30 days, if not to call back! Well, I am hoping we get approved before 30 days. What is surprising is that no one online is reporting that they had any updates done, granted we have only finished the second working day of the month. Hopefully by the end of this week, we will see some movement.

Originally posted by god_knows_when:

sara09

My pd/cat/country is the same as yours. Recently took a infopass and also opened a SR. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Archived