3years of H1B extension possible with approved I-140 though not entered in the 6th year of H1B ...?

Aenstn

Hi,

I am working for employerA and I have my current H1B getting expired in JUN 2012. In the 6years of H1B available for anybody, by JUN 2012 5 years and 5 months of H1B will be gone. After JUN 2012 I will be having another 7 months to complete the total 6years of H1B.

I am getting a job offer soon from employerB. So I will be transferring my H1B to employerB. Also I have a copy of my approved I-140 from my current employerA.

Please help me in the following with your expert knowledge. Based on your answers I will be consulting a lawyer if still a need be.

1. If I transfer my H1B to employerB, will I be able to get a 3years extension if my I-140 is used even though I am not in the 6th year of my H1B..?

2. When reading through this forum I have seen members posting that their employers revoked their I-140 petitions. Why do employers need to revoke the I-140 petitions? Are there problems to them if they keep it open?

3. I paid for my I-140. Can employerA still be able to revoke it..?

4. Based on some member’s comments in this forum, I came to a conclusion that after I change to employerB if my i-140 is revoked by employerA, I will not be able to get further H1B extensions at all. Is my conclusion correct?

Thanks in advance for your expert answers.

Belle,

Adding to the question 4 here and asking two further questions.

1) If his employer B starts GC process for him i.e LBR/I140 refiling again before his 2nd yr end of 3 yrs visa extn he got. He is eligble for a H1B visa extn correct?

2) Also what if he is layed of before employer B starts his GC process for him and since employer A has already revoked I140 is he still eligble to get H1 transfer to employer C or his H1B transfer will be denied since employer A revoked I140 and employer B could'nt file it.

Pls confirm appreciate your reply on this.

what happens if says

1) After 1.5 yrs from now Employer B has still not filed GC and lay him off and since it became 1.5 yrs leaving Employer A and he has revoked I140. At that time can he transfer to Employer C for the remainder of valid approved H1B.

Pls confirm I assure you I will not ask any further questions on this thread.

Archived