H1b - 221g Sent o USCIS- URGENT questions

221g_blue_18Jan

I have few questions for my husband's H1b situations

He had a H1b approval till September 2011 but got refused under 221g and it's been sent to USCIS. And he got his H4 visa. So now if he needs to go back to H1

Does he need to file a new H1b or file a COS from H4 to H1

What happens when h1b is refused and sent to USCIS ? could we reappeal or apply for a new h1

Should we go for a new employer or stick with the previous one? he has his labor approved for the GC. could we use that?

Please reply with answers as we could find thse answers anywhere in the forum. Please help us out.

Hello 221g_blue_18Jan,

I have a question. Your husband's H1 was refused and he has got his H4 stamping. What were the questions asked during his H4 visa interview. Are you working for a direct client or do you have any layers in between? Did they ask for any client letter during the interview? Was there any issues during his H4 stamping.

Even my H1 was refused and am planning to apply for H4. Your response would be helpful for my H4.Thanks

Hi 221g_blue_18Jan,

Once back in the US wait for atleast 2-3 months and then have an employer who has direct clients file the H1 again.

Avoid same employer since 221g denial can be because of Employer-Employee relationship.

Later on if you want you can have the H1 transfered back to your original employer.

**Please reply for the following questions

1. Which consulate did you get your H4 approval from?

2. what questions were asked at the H4 interview?

Thanks

Hello 221g_blue_Jan18 or anyone following this forum,

I am in the same situation,i got 221g blue form requesting for additional documents,i did not submitted the documents, and i no longer want work with all these h1b complications, and decided to go on h4 visa,as my husband is on H1 .

My h4 visa stamping is on April 28th.

What did your husband do to withdraw the h1b case.?

This is what i have done as of now,

I have submitted my resignation to my employer, and also got the experience letter from him based on my employment with the company.

Also i have an email from my Client that they have terminated my contract.

Also i have emailed chennainiv@state.gov to withdraw my h1b application.I got the reply from them on the same day saying that i can withdraw my h1b application at the time of h4 visa interview,.

And i will take this email with me..

Is there anything else i need to do to withdraw my h1b case?

Please please help me.

Also ,221g_blue_jan18 you have mentioned in your earlier reply that before getting the letter from chennai for h1b?

what does that mean?

Please reply

221g_blue_jan18, Could please give me your emailid so that we can keep in touch please.

Thanks,

My husband attended chennai consulate for his H1b stamping. He got 221g blue and no reply for 10 weeks.So he attended Hyd consulate in April for H4. He did not withdraw his application but did get resignation letter and releasing letter from his employer for safety. But he was not asked anything.

VO asked questions like

1. Does your wife work in USA? For which Company?

A: Yes. xx Client name

2.For how long she has been working in USA

A: xx years

3.Asked for recent paystubs?

Have shown 3 months paystubs

4.Did u study in USA and where?

Ans:Yes, xxx Univerrsity

5.Did u apply for a H1b

Yes.

Got visa approved and passport within 2 days.

Later he got a letter from Chennai consulate for his H1b saying they are sending petition to USCIS.

Archived