State of Residence for H4 visa appointment

Abhinav_Kadiri

Hello,

I wish to take an appointment for my wife for her H4 visa in Delhi this end of August. However, her address on the passport is Karnataka and when I go to book an appointment and select Karnataka as the"State of Residence" it only gives me Chennai as the consulate to apply for the visa.

While filling the DS160 Form, I selected Delhi as the consulate.

After marriage, she would now move to Pune and I then selected Maharashtra as the "State of Residence" and booked the appointment for Delhi. Is that ok or will it create issues since she has not stayed long enough in Pune and might not have documentary evidence of her stay here. Or should I cancel my appointment and re-book it for Chennai only?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Abhinav

The Visa appointment page clearly says in bold letters:

The state of residence should be the last state where you have lived for at least six months.

So, what is the confusion???

You can go to any consulate as avialble, though you select other consulate while filling DS-160.

Hope you know that you both can go together for stamping.

Originally posted by Abhinav_Kadiri:

Hello,

I wish to take an appointment for my wife for her H4 visa in Delhi this end of August. However, her address on the passport is Karnataka and when I go to book an appointment and select Karnataka as the"State of Residence" it only gives me Chennai as the consulate to apply for the visa.

While filling the DS160 Form, I selected Delhi as the consulate.

After marriage, she would now move to Pune and I then selected Maharashtra as the "State of Residence" and booked the appointment for Delhi. Is that ok or will it create issues since she has not stayed long enough in Pune and might not have documentary evidence of her stay here. Or should I cancel my appointment and re-book it for Chennai only?

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

Abhinav

Archived