2 H-1B transfers around the same time

viks79

My petition for H-1B transfer has been filed by two seperate companies 1-2 weeks apart, based on the job offers I got.

The question I have is that does USCIS find it doubtful to see two petitions for the same person few weeks apart.

Secondly ,I have realized that during application process the first company asked me to sign an agreement of min. service of 1 year or pay back visa fess. With that and other job-related factors,I have realized that the second company is better fit for me, even though I have joined the first on receipt and its been 2 weeks only. So my question is that is such an agreement legal and second does my leaving the first company affect my H-1B transfer with the second ?

Please clarify !

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Did u get answers to ur questions. I personally believe no company can ask for visa fees.

I am also in same boat. I have an offer from company X and they will file my visa transfer next week. now I have offer from another company Y and I am negotiating salary with them which should be done next week. Then they'll start my visa transfer process. I'm concerned will USCIS be OK to approve 2nd visa transfer. Should I stop company X from filing my visa.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Archived