Driving License when on AOS


Recommended Posts

TX changed the laws for issuing Driving License in 2008 and I have pasted the relevant section for those who do not have a physical green card.


1. If a person (child who recently turned 16 or non-working spouse) is on AOS (does not have a H4) and also does not have an EAD

WHAT DOCUMENT would fall in the category below? which document would state waiting for visa to be current i.e. AOS?


Please note that "I797C Application to Adjust to PR status" does not mention about the duration.validity etc. In fact it clearly states only "This notice does not grant any immigration status or benefit. It is not even evidence that this case is still pending. It only shows that the application or petition was filed on the date shown." - So i guess

"All others who are NOT a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States:

* Must present valid documentation issued by the U.S. Dept. of Justice, U.S. Dept. of State, U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service, or U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, that shows LAWFUL TEMPORARY ADMISSION to the U.S.

* If unable to present lawful status documentation, NO DL or ID card will be issued.

* If documentation indicates a lawful temporary admission period of MORE than six months the Temporary Visitor designation and status date will be printed on the card.

* If the lawful admission period in the U.S. expires in LESS than six months from the date of application, NO DL or ID card (original, renewal, or duplicate) will be issued.

* If documentation has an indefinite expiration date of lawful temporary admission (“D/S†or “Duration of Statusâ€), the Temporary Visitor status date printed on the card will be one (1) year from the date of application."

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.