Any doctors got 221g slip when gone for stamping in India?

waiting1234

HI

I am a physician, currently in my 2nd year of fellowship (total - 3 year fellowship), planning to travel to India in January'12 for visa stamping. I am currently on 8th year H1B (getting yearly extensions after the 6th year, pending I290b). My I-140 was filed by previous employer/ university based hospital in 2008, it was erroneously denied, and now the appeal is pending. I changed employers (to start fellowship) in 2010, and have gotten yearly extensions of 7th and 8th year of H1B. Now, I want to travel to get the 8th year of H1B stamped and for a family wedding in Jan'12.

Worried about getting the 221g slip as I am on 8th year AND have changed employers since the filing of I-140. (I-140 was filed, denied, and appeal is pending)

Anyone has any input? Anyone in the same boat?

Its irrespective of the field of work. I am a Physical Therapist, rcvd a 221g waiting since 5 months now. I know another therapist (some one posted on murthy) who waited for almost 9 months. Also there have been people in internal med J1 visa who had been waiting for months..

So if the notion that medicos are free from the 221g infection, then its a myth.

Archived