Applied 485/AP/EAD - Finger Printing Timeline

trymyluck

My priority is date is current, hence applied for 485/AP/EAD on July 14, 2011 under EB2 Category.

Fees - 1070$ was debited from my account on July 20, 2011.

Questions-

1. When(Average time) can i expect to receive the receipt number so that i can track the status online ?

2. I think - The next step is that i will receive a letter for finger printing. When (average time) can i expect to receive the letter for finger printing ?

3. if i loose my job now, what is the impact on my immigration status ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

cheers

3. Immgration status at this point is unrelated to your greencard application. Whatever status you have (H, L, F) you may lose when the job ends. The pending green card application, however, is for a future job and is generally not impacted directly by your job loss. However, if this happens, you should DEFINITELY schedule a consultation with a really good immigration lawyer, especially, if it happens within 180 days from your I-485 filing date.

• 2 weeks later...

USCIS received my application packet on July 15. I received the receipt number in @1 week from July 15.

My finger printing is due on Aug 25. I received the finger printing notice on @30 July.

you should receive the receipt number 2/3 days after the money has been debited from your account.

Any ideas whether EAD is dependent on Finger Printing ? How long does it take to get EAD ? Any ideas ?

Hey guys - i am filing for an adjustment of status. I was going to file-forms 485 and i.130 do i HAVE TO file i.131(Travel docs) as well. I am planning to travel at the end of the year. I am trying to take the economical route but i do not want my application to be denied because i did not file the travel doc....Help. Planning to send docs in 2 weeks time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived