EB3 to EB2 porting

gcwaiter4

I recently opened a SR to check the status of my EB3 - EB2 porting, below is the response I got, can someone help me understand whether this means that someone started working on my case, after looking at respone my company has sent the approved EB2-I140( approvd at TSC) to NSC along with this letter, I 485 receipts but so far no response.

"Our review indicates that this case is actually within our current processing time. We are currently processing 485 EB cases that have visas currently available according to their category. If you have a I-140 approved from another office, you muct submit a copy to your I485 case for review time of processing. If you do not recieve a decision or notice of other action within our current processing, check our website for an update or call customer serivice at the number provided below."

If your 140 approval and 485 application center are the same - then there is nothing to do, they seem to indicate that you are current and will process your 485 application soon.

If your 140 approval and 485 application center are the NOT THE SAME - then send in your interfile request to the service center which currently has your 485 application.

The content of the letter you received is very generic and based on which of the above 2 scenarios you belong too, they indicated that that you are current and will be processed.

Archived