New I-94 at CBP office/location

Jaden

My existing I94 is expiring as per my old passport's expiry date. I have renewed the passport and need to get a new I94. Can i do that by going to the CBP location at an international airport/port of entry or to a CBP office somewhere close or should i have to leave the country and come back to get a new I94?

Did anybody get a new I94 without leaving the country?

Yes you can get it renewed at the airport CBP or at a CBP office. However from what I've seen on the forums so far, it seems to be largely luck based and varies from city to city. I from Los Angeles and haven't had any luck at either the LAX CBP or at the Downtown LA CBP. I've heard of a few ppl being successful at the Chicago CBP.

So, definitely give it a try. Also fix an appointment with the local USCIS field office. Also, consult your lawyer. I've already asked my employer's lawyer and asked him if they can file an i-129, since that's what the LA CBP told me. Exhaust all your local options first.

I plan to cross the Mexico border and get the i94 stamped. Hopefully that'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Canada Visitor Visa in a Day. Went to Canada Niagara Falls. came back on next day.

They verified (Grilled for 90 mins) my all valid status (H4, F1, H1...etc) .. they satisfied with my answers and documents.

If you go mexico or Canada go with every possible doc.

Goodluck !

• 5 weeks later...

Archived