H4 visa 221g pink slip at chennai

abdulazeez77

Hello - we got married in nov 2010. I am back in the states. My wife has never been to the states. She went for her h4 stamping on April 5 2011 to the chennai consulate. No questions were asked or no documents collected. The VO just saw my pay slips (I work for an investment bank as a direct employee) and handed over a pink slip 221g. They also did not take any fingerprints. I sent an email to chennai consultatr but they are saying it is still pending processing. What could the reason be? Her undergrad degree is in biotech. What kind of processing could be done for someone who has never been to the states before? I would appreciate if someone can clarify.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lakstha

Can you please describe your case?

Do you know if it was name check, or H1b petition check or background processing?

My wife is also in the same situation.

ND Consulate, No docs requested, passport retained, admin processing from last 1.5 months.

Same (No docs requested, passport retained, admin processing, 221g pink slip); No idea…. Till now what kind of processing it could be…….. but I’ve read form blog its vary form case to case………if itz a H4 visa 221g pink slip (“Additional Administrative processingâ€) no doc… collected, passport retained as per the blog max time 12 weeks but sure will get it……… Hope for the best ……………. Good Luck.

congrats for those wives that got the H4 visa approved and good luck for those waiting.

My question is do my wife have to carry the original I797 or a copy will suffice. The original I797 is with me in US, wife is in India

those wives who have attended the interview can reply my question. Appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I applied together at the Kolkata consulate on Feb 22 for H4 and H1B visas respectively. Both of our applications were put under 221g. I was handed the green slip while she received a pink slip. No documents were requested from her. I received my passport with the visa about 5 weeks later but my wife is still awaiting her H4 visa. I tried contacting the consulate in this regard but to no avail. Its over 3 months now and I guess we just have to wait for it.

Archived