Residence at time of Priority Date becoming current

Hi,

My priority date is mid-May 2011. My Green card application was filed when I was residing in State A but for the last couple of years I have been residing in state B (but working for the same employer and in the same position/role within the company). Do I need to be residing in State A at the time that my priority date becomes current in order to file for Adjustment of Status (I-485)? Reason I ask is that my Labor Certification application says that it was being filed for my employment in State A. Look forward to your guidance.

Thank you.

The Green Card is for employment that will begin on becoming a Permanent Resident. If there are any facts that might give rise to the possible questioning of whether such employment is even possible, such as whether a job in a particular location existed on filing the I-485, one should be prepared to show that the job could have been started.

For specific legal advice and ways to address this problem, one should consult directly with an attorney who can advise you based on all of the facts of your situation.

Archived