FIRST TIME L1-H1B VISA STAMPING - WHICH US CONSULATE TO GO TO?

jithensagar

Hi All,

I am currently working for an Employer A in US for last three years on a L1 Visa which will expire on Nov 3,2011. I had applied for L1 to H1B COS(Change of Status) through a Employer B (Consultancy) which got approved recently. Due to an urgent need, i would like to have my H1B visa stamping on my passport before my L1 Visa expires i.e. before Nov 3,2011.

I have the client letter,offer letter and other documents provided by the Employer B(Consultancy) but NO Paychecks from the new employer. My home country is India and i dont want to take a risk of appearing for my H1B Visa interview there as i heard there are lots of rejection especially for Consultancy processed H1B's even if we have valid documents.

My Questions are,

1) I would like to know if i have any chance of getting my H1B Visa Stamped in any US adjoining countries like Canada , Bahamas etc.?

2) Also is my L1 Visa still valid even after my new H1 petition is approved? In case of an H1B visa interview rejection, can i get back to US and stay till Nov 3rd,2011?

Request your advice/help on this regard. Thanks.

Originally posted by jithensagar:

Hi All,

I am currently working for an Employer A in US for last three years on a L1 Visa which will expire on Nov 3,2011. I had applied for L1 to H1B COS(Change of Status) through a Employer B (Consultancy) which got approved recently. Due to an urgent need, i would like to have my H1B visa stamping on my passport before my L1 Visa expires i.e. before Nov 3,2011.

I have the client letter,offer letter and other documents provided by the Employer B(Consultancy) but NO Paychecks from the new employer. My home country is India and i dont want to take a risk of appearing for my H1B Visa interview there as i heard there are lots of rejection especially for Consultancy processed H1B's even if we have valid documents.

My Questions are,

1) I would like to know if i have any chance of getting my H1B Visa Stamped in any US adjoining countries like Canada , Bahamas etc.?

2) Also is my L1 Visa still valid even after my new H1 petition is approved? In case of an H1B visa interview rejection, can i get back to US and stay till Nov 3rd,2011?

Request your advice/help on this regard. Thanks.

Hi All,

Any Advice/Suggestions?

Archived