Matching a DOL job description

nair.shanker

Hello good samaritans:

My company has just started the first step of the EB2 process (i.e PERM)

I have a masters degree in engineering. Now, my job is a research associate working for one of the state run research centers, and matching a job description to that of an engineering DOL job description requires a salary of $20000 (prevailing wage) more than what Im making now.

But there are research based job descriptions which require a prevailing wage of what I'm already getting paid. So, can we always alter the job description to suit the DOL requirements with my employer's coordination ? Would the lawyer do that ? Or is that illegal, and shoudl we simply submit my exact job being done here?

• 3 weeks later...

The position in which your employer states in your PERM application must be the actual position (job title and job duties) that your employer actually will be hiring you to perform.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived