**** V. Imp. - Pls. RSVP asap - Visa Transfer Travel concerns

SR11

Hello,

I am currently on my H1-B visa since past 1yr and I am planning to switch from Company X to a new job at Company Y during October 3rd week. I am planning to apply for my H1B transfer during this week.

I also have plans to go to India before I join Company Y. I have never stepped out of US after switching from F1 to H1 after my MS. So I am not sure what risks are involved if I have to go for my visa stamping in India.

So could you please give me an advice for the following questions?

1) Is it advisable to go to India in between jobs? (I believe that’s a Big No!!)

2) How long does it take to get an approval for H1B transfer?

a. if filed under premium processing, or

b. regular H1B transfer

3) Could I go to India tension-free if I get my H1B transfer approval paperwork from Company Y before my travel? What are the risks, and what precautions do I need to take? Pls. advise in detail.

a. I believe I would also need paystubs. So would I be crazy to think that immigration office would be okay if I should new Company Y H1B paperwork but show paystubs of Company X??

4) If 3 is a bad idea, could I go to India after getting 2 paystubs in my hand from Company Y?

Please kindly advice. I would greatly appreciate all your thoughts, suggestions and feedback. Thank you so much.

Archived