EB2 Approved with 3 years Bachelors Degree

rambabuch

PERM requirement is bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience.

My qualification: 3 years diploma+3 years B.Tech(BS) Engineering + 2 Years MTech (MS) Engineering after masters 10 years experience in industry. I-140 applied in premium processing and approved in one week. Approved ( 04/14/2011)

The purpose of my posting is to let people know about 3 year engineering degree from India and success of EB2. Hope this helps for certain people.

Thank you.

A 3 year Bachelor's degree alone does not generally work because it, standing alone, does not equate to a U.S. degree.

However, the fact pattern presented here, appears to be a situation where first a State Board of Technical Education diploma was awarded and based on that, the first year of the standard 4 year BTECH degree program was waived. Murthy Law Firm has had several cases approved on this basis. The reason for such successes is that an individual completing such a degree series is just like someone in the United States who earns an Associate's degree and goes on to earn a Bachelor's degree in less than 4 years.

• 1 year later...

@Rambabuch,

Congratulations! Did you submit any supporting documentation like Academic equivalency evaluation from Trustfort or a letter from University? I am in a similar situation and my attorney says my case is not eligible for EB2 even though I have the US degree equivalency evaluation. They are asking for a letter from University in this regard.

Archived