Department/Job title change during PERM process

a_traveler

My PERM will be filed in the next couple of months; it is currently in the advertisments stages. My department is being changed with a slight change in duties due to some organizational restructuring; the skill sets pretty much remain the same; my job title may change due to this. The 5th year of my H1B visa will be completed 10/2/2011. This, along with the current hold on the PWD process does not provide me time to start the PERM process again. Do I need to convince my manager/HR to continue the PERM process and not change my job title for the next few months until the PERM and I-140 is approved? What do I need to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that the proffered position for the PERM application is a future position. If there is a change in your job title & duties now, then you will need to consult a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to amending your H1B petition. As for the PERM application, if the job you will be performing will also be changed, and the proffered position is no longer available, then you should discuss with your employer and attorney about filing the PERM application for the appropriate proffered job.

I recommend that you consult a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your immigration situation.

The Murthy Law Firm has a well regarded and well experienced Greencard Department that will be able to assist you. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation.

Hi,

I applied for a PWD on 05/12/11 and received it on 05/31/11. It came with too high wage and my employer can not agree to pay me that. So we re-applied for a new PWD on 07/08/11 and now I am stuck and waiting for it.

My question is, what if this one also comes too high? What are my options? I don't want to reapply and wait for 3 more months.

Archived