H1 Full time civil Job loss travel to India for marriage

vmuthyal

I am a civil eng had been working as Full time employee in a american construction company, i came to know this week that my job will be ending by this month end(May 2011).As i have planned for my marriage in june, I want to know whether is it safe if i travel to india in mid of the June for 10-15 days. What would be the questions or problems i might encounter during the portof entry time if i travel?.

Or should i travel to india or not in this time period, but i got confirmed that from my employer he will not revoke my H1B until i find a new job and do the transfer. Please let me know any suggestions, whether i should go to india or not.

If you do not have a position on the date you want to reenter the US, you may not do so. Revocation is not the issue, lack of a job is.

Your employer is not entitled to give you authorization to remain in the US while out of status. He should be giving you a paid ticket to your home country and you should plan to search for a new job from there.

If your attempt at illegal entry (no job) is detected, your long term prospects in the US are likely doomed since you could incur a ban for US entry.

Archived