H1B Appointment at New Delhi.

indianpro

I am currently working in India and have a Full time permanent job offer from a Big American Company.

I have worked on h1b in the past.

I have my appointment at US Embassy New Delhi since Mumbai is closed for H1B (Under construction !)

Guys, what are my chances of approval? New Delhi seems to be issuing 221G to everyone here in the forum.

I read somewhere Mumbai consulate will start taking Interview for H1 from September 2011.

So i hope 221G in Delhi will slow down now as Delhi was getting major rush due to shut down of Mumbai Consulate. As Mumbai Consulate will start it's operation so it might give some breeze to 221G cases in Delhi. I would say if you can hold on for 1 month that will be great and wait for Mumbai Consulate to start it's operation.

Originally posted by sanjivvinaik:

I read somewhere Mumbai consulate will start taking Interview for H1 from September 2011.

So i hope 221G in Delhi will slow down now as Delhi was getting major rush due to shut down of Mumbai Consulate. As Mumbai Consulate will start it's operation so it might give some breeze to 221G cases in Delhi. I would say if you can hold on for 1 month that will be great and wait for Mumbai Consulate to start it's operation.

I don't think it should matter as I can still see open Appointment slots for August, so technically there is no rush as such. but thanks for your post.

As far as I know the Interview windiws are booked for 6 weeks in advance so if you see any open slot for August then it is because of people who booked the slot earlier and then later either canclled it or re-scheduled there Interview date.

I may be wrong / confused about 6 week period and it might be 4 week in delhi but in any case if you can see open slot on 14th August for month of August then it do not fall under either timeline.

I saw slots open in Delhi in a weeks time - I tried two times in the past month and both times they show visa apointments available after a week of that day

Originally posted by sanjivvinaik:

As far as I know the Interview windiws are booked for 6 weeks in advance so if you see any open slot for August then it is because of people who booked the slot earlier and then later either canclled it or re-scheduled there Interview date.

I may be wrong / confused about 6 week period and it might be 4 week in delhi but in any case if you can see open slot on 14th August for month of August then it do not fall under either timeline.

Archived