Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?

romanb4u

Hi All,

My previous Visa (stamping on passport) expired in May 2009, I have a approved I 797 though. Now while filing DS 160 I bumped into following question:

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?

I answered YES and got confirmation number; but after reading some posts got confused, so checking. Please let me know. Will there be any difference if I proceed with the same DS 160 (answer as - YES)? Or should I change it NO?

please let me know thanks

Your answer I believe should be NO for that question as your visa expried more than 12 months back. I am not sure of the course of action, however. I think you should contact the VFS office/embassy staff and ask them.

Originally posted by romanb4u:

Hi All,

My previous Visa (stamping on passport) expired in May 2009, I have a approved I 797 though. Now while filing DS 160 I bumped into following question:

I answered YES and got confirmation number; but after reading some posts got confused, so checking. Please let me know. Will there be any difference if I proceed with the same DS 160 (answer as - YES)? Or should I change it NO?

please let me know thanks

Archived