I-140 approval petition

Patta

-140 approval

Guys,

I got my I-140 approved few weeks back and I am following up with my employer to get the approved petition copy.Since I am not getting any response from them I was thinking of what to do and to my surprise I got this thread. My questions are:

1.Will the employer be notified if I try getting the approved petition from USCIS by sending the G-639 form.

2. I have the SRC number with me. Will this suffice if I have to change the jod to a different employer.

3.To my knowledge I know that once you switch job after I-140 approval , you need to start the GC process from scratch with only the priority date remaining the same. In this case, what is the benefit of having the approved petition copy of I-140 approval when switching jobs. Does this have an advantage when we apply for new jobs.

4.If we have a I-140 approval copy does that mean that the other employer (who is willing to file GC) can start the process from the next stage.

5. IS I-140 portable to a new employer.If so under what circumstances.

Please help me understand this.

Thanks

Patta

please consult a lawyer.

I-140 is employer specific so you cannot use it to continue on the next stage when you switch employer. you can only retain PD.

I-140 is employer petition so the original approval copy is owned by employer and they have the right not to share it with you.

some people apply for a copy of I-140 approval by requesting FOIA.

you can retain/port approved I-140 PD by attaching a copy of the approved I-140 on your new I-1400 application packet.

Originally posted by Patta:

-140 approval

Guys,

I got my I-140 approved few weeks back and I am following up with my employer to get the approved petition copy.Since I am not getting any response from them I was thinking of what to do and to my surprise I got this thread. My questions are:

1.Will the employer be notified if I try getting the approved petition from USCIS by sending the G-639 form.

2. I have the SRC number with me. Will this suffice if I have to change the jod to a different employer.

3.To my knowledge I know that once you switch job after I-140 approval , you need to start the GC process from scratch with only the priority date remaining the same. In this case, what is the benefit of having the approved petition copy of I-140 approval when switching jobs. Does this have an advantage when we apply for new jobs.

4.If we have a I-140 approval copy does that mean that the other employer (who is willing to file GC) can start the process from the next stage.

5. IS I-140 portable to a new employer.If so under what circumstances.

Please help me understand this.

Thanks

Patta

Archived