Eligibility Question

srini6us

Hi,

I have 15 years of experience in IT industry after my Bachelor's in Engineering with Mechanical Engineering as major.

PERM processing has the following

Major field of studay : Computer Science, Information Technology or an equivalent techinical degree

Number of months experience required: 60 months

Can you please answer my following questions.

- I have Bachelors in Engineering with Mechanial Engineering as major. Is my Bachelors degree eligible for major field of study.

- If yes, does it needs to be mentioned in somewhere in the ETA Form 9809 (as an alternate field of study or alternate education). I have educational evaluation equating my degree with Bachelor's in Computer Science and Engieering.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

It really depends on whether your employer considers Mechanical Engineering as an acceptable equivalent technical degree to Computer Science or Information Technology.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived