Passport not delivered yet..

ravi.ravip

Attended interview on 11th August, VO after the interview said that my visa is approved and that I should receive the passport in a weeks time, it's almost a week and nothing, Vfs Passport tracking website says that 'your passport getting processed at US Embassy/Consulate' and VFS Chennai has not received it it seems when I call them.

Can someone who attended the interview on and after 11th August please post if they received the passports?

I am in the exact same situation. I attended H4 visa interview on August 9th at New Delhi. I was not given any slip and was told by the VO that visa is approved and will be couriered in 5 working days. Till date(7 working days) no info on passport yet. The case status says on VFS website "Your passport s under process at the embassy" When I called up DOS they said "My case is under administrative processing" What does that mean? Any idea about what are the next steps to follow - do I have to submit any documents - how long it will take? Please help!!!

I received my passport 2 days back, on the 7day...I did not call anyone, just VFS who never gave any info except that they did not receive any info from the consulate..

I suggest sending an email to Delhi consulate directly, go to the contact us page of delhi consulate and send them an email, you'll get accurate info from them.

@Ravi,

Good to know that your stamped passport got delivered. Can u tell me what was the staus of your passport earlier when you had not got it? Mine says adminstrative processing when I call DOS and "Passport under process" when I track on VFS website.Also, I will try to contact the Delhi consulate as per your suggestion.

Hi all

i have got my H1B stamped in Aug 2011 hyd consulate. mine has cleared 211g admin processing and got visa with in 1 month.

i am planning to travel to USA in Mid of Sep 2011.now i am planning to send my wife for her H4 visa stamping. i do not have any pay stubs to submit, as i have not yet travel to USA after stamping

i need your suggestions is it wise enough to send her for H4 stamping now or do i need to wait till we get some pay stubs working in USA.

i was there in USA and returned back on 2009 DEC and present i have applied for new H1b and got successful stamping after 221g admin processing

any suggestions regarding questions that will be asked at time of H4 interview are very valuable

thanks

Archived