EB2 interfiling

pg945

Originally filed category EB3

Country- India

Priority - Dec 2003

Filed LC again in EB2 in Jan 2011, I-140 approved in EB2 on Feb 8, and did interfiling when filed I-140 so new I-140 had old priority date Dec 2003. Finally received email of I-485 approval on March 1, 2011. Very long journey :), Good luck to you all.

HELL PG945,

After Eb2 i-140 approved,did your attorney sent letter and you got greencard in three week. Amazing , Did you do anything else ? Any LUD in between updated? How you know interfilng letter reached and Cis started working? my EB2 i-140 approved on Feb 25 and sent letter on Feb 28 . What should i need to do for followup ? Please let me know how your case got approved so fast?

My attorney wrote a letter for interfiling, also attached my W2 and 2 latest pay stubs when she filed I-140 in premium.

As soon as my I-140 got approved I called USCIS to let them know my case is out of regular processing time. I did not have any LUD recently, just final.

Good luck guys.

Can you describe how the conversation with USCIS went. I have a similar situation. I've an EB3 I485 pending for 3 years waiting for visa numbers. Got a new I140 approved. Attorney is planning to send an interfile letter. I tried calling USCIS asking about interfile. But that didnt help out. This idea of out of regular processing time seems to be novel. Can you please describe what you told them.

Thanks a bunch.

pg945

I tried your tactic. I called USCIS yesterday and told them that my case is out of its processing time. The person escalated it to the supervisor who informed me that she will file a service request.

Can you tell me how much time it took between your call and the approval letter.

I have a pending 485 (EB3) with PD Dec-2004. Recently got I140 approved (EB2) under premium procesing on 3/3. EB2 I140 approval shows PD of Dec 2004. Lawyer is going to submit interfiling request. Waiting for 485 to be approved.

Do I need to do anything else ?

• 9 months later...

Originally filed category EB3

Country- India

Priority - Dec 2003

Filed LC again in EB2 in Jan 2011, I-140 approved in EB2 on Feb 8, and did interfiling when filed I-140 so new I-140 had old priority date Dec 2003. Finally received email of I-485 approval on March 1, 2011. Very long journey :), Good luck to you all.

Did your attorney request interfiling when applying new I140 OR after the new new I140 is approved? My attorney sent a letter requesting interfiling after the EB2 I140 is approved, not sure when my date will be ported, and not sure how to check the status. I called USCIS but they said my employer can only inquire and they will not give me information.

What are my options to find out the status from USCIS?

My attorney had filed an interfiling letter after receiving the EB2 I-140 approval. It took approx. 30 days after the date of this letter for us to get our green cards. In between I had opened up an SR, and then had also sent a follow up email to the TSC. I don't know if that helped or not, but the IO responding to the email was very prompt and helpful and actually sent me an email proactively informing me of the approval.

My attorney had filed an interfiling letter after receiving the EB2 I-140 approval. It took approx. 30 days after the date of this letter for us to get our green cards. In between I had opened up an SR, and then had also sent a follow up email to the TSC. I don't know if that helped or not, but the IO responding to the email was very prompt and helpful and actually sent me an email proactively informing me of the approval.

Thank ktk. I have opened an SR and also sent email, after 15 days wait I'll call them up on status and then go for an infopass if needed. Hopefully they wake up and approve my long pending case.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I received this email from TSC, what does this mean?

"The email inquiry you sent to the Texas Service Center NCSC Followup email account contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII). As such, our response to this inquiry must be protected pursuant to the Privacy Release Act of 1974. The below is our response and is redacted to protect personal identities.

Your case is in the processing queue and will soon be assigned to an Adjudicating Officer for final processing. You should expect to see action on your case within the next 90 days. "

Archived