PERM filing - Wage determination delays - recapture days

sundip17

My H1-B expires on 12/2012.

My company/law firm is currently working to file the PERM application before 365 days of the H1-B expiry (12/2011).

However, the Department of Labor has temporarily suspended the processing of Wage determinations which is a prerequisite to filing the PERM.

This delay will result in my application not being filed before 365 days of H1-B expiry. Any suggestions on how to come out of this situation.

Will traveling outside of US and recapture help ?

If you have a spouse on H1B status with some time left, another option to consider is switching to H-4 once your 6 year limit is up. You can change status back to H1B once you become eligible for the AC21 extension. Of course, you will not be able to work in H-4 status, but you won't have to leave the country either.

In light of the recent delays in PWD processing, you should discuss your case with an experienced immigration attorney to determine how long it would take in your case to be eligible for the 6+ year H1B extension.

• 2 weeks later...

1 Year extension: even though if we applied our labor in less than 365 days ( along with recapture time)and 140 not applied.

Q1. if my labor is approved before my 6th year ends can i get the seventh year extension?

Can a murthy lawer answer this question?

I'm asking this because many of my friends got H1b 7th year extension even they applied the labor less than 365 days(along with recapture time) in 6th year and 140 not applied.

I spoke to my lawer and he says i cannot got extension for 7th year H1B (1 year) even though my labor got approved. he says it 140 should be approved.

Archived