H1B transfr with just receipt number - REALLY URGENT

susam

Hello,

I'm currently working on L1 visa, however my I-94 has expired end of year last year. I've filed for my extension and yet to receive an response from USCIS (since i got an RFE). As per the rules i'm entitled to stay in US for a period of 240 days from the date of I-94 expiry. I still have almost 25 days to stay in the country.

However i currently do also have an approved H1 which i have filed through an consultant but not an I-94. I just have the form I-797C. The company for which i'm currently working is ready to transfer my H1B visa. However i have the following questions

Could someone please answer the following questions?

1. Although i'm on L1 extension, am i still eligible to transfer my H1B visa and start working on H1? If not, then please explain what are the problems and possible solutions.

2. Also if i transfer the H1b completely to the company for which i'm currently working and start working on that, can my consultant cancel this H1? If yes, what would be the effect?

3. Will there be any chance that my H1B transfer will not be approved by USCIS since i'm currently on L1 extension.

Please advise.

Hello,

I'm currently working on L1 visa, however my I-94 has expired end of year last year. I've filed for my extension and yet to receive an response from USCIS (since i got an RFE). As per the rules i'm entitled to stay in US for a period of 240 days from the date of I-94 expiry. I still have almost 25 days to stay in the country.

However i currently do also have an approved H1 which i have filed through an consultant but not an I-94. I just have the form I-797C. The company for which i'm currently working is ready to transfer my H1B visa. However i have the following questions

Could someone please answer the following questions?

1. Although i'm on L1 extension, am i still eligible to transfer my H1B visa and start working on H1? If not, then please explain what are the problems and possible solutions.

2. Also if i transfer the H1b completely to the company for which i'm currently working and start working on that, can my consultant cancel this H1? If yes, what would be the effect?

3. Will there be any chance that my H1B transfer will not be approved by USCIS since i'm currently on L1 extension.

Please advise.

Archived