Carrying priority date forward

flyby001

Greeting to all. Can someone please help me with the best choice available to me.

My PERM and I 140 filed under EB2 are approved with my ex employer A. My priority date is Nov 2009. My ex employer has not invoked my I 140. My present employer B has filed my PERM under EB3 and it has expired. I have not filed my I 140 with my new employer. I have recently filed for my H1 B extension while with the new employer B and have got the extension for 3 years, I also have been to Canada for my Visa stamping and have got it for 3 years.

What are the possible ways to carry forward my last priority date.

a) Join back with my ex employer seems to be straight forward.

b) Can I again file the PERM with the new employer and follow it up with filing the I 140 and claim the priority date of Nov 2009 (got while with ex employer).

Would appreciate any inputs.

Regards

please consult a lawyer.

both options are valid.

Originally posted by flyby001:

Greeting to all. Can someone please help me with the best choice available to me.

My PERM and I 140 filed under EB2 are approved with my ex employer A. My priority date is Nov 2009. My ex employer has not invoked my I 140. My present employer B has filed my PERM under EB3 and it has expired. I have not filed my I 140 with my new employer. I have recently filed for my H1 B extension while with the new employer B and have got the extension for 3 years, I also have been to Canada for my Visa stamping and have got it for 3 years.

What are the possible ways to carry forward my last priority date.

a) Join back with my ex employer seems to be straight forward.

b) Can I again file the PERM with the new employer and follow it up with filing the I 140 and claim the priority date of Nov 2009 (got while with ex employer).

Would appreciate any inputs.

Regards

please consult a lawyer.

the beneficiary of an approved I-140 can retain/port the established PD.

Originally posted by flyby001:

I PLAN TO ASK MY EMPLOYER TO FILE ME UNDER EB2 THIS TIME. SO MY QUESTION WAS DO I NEED TO REVERT BACK TO MY EX EMPLOYER IN ORDER TO CARRY MY PRIORITY DATE FORWARD OR CAN I STAY WITH MY PRESENT EMPLOYER AND STILL CAN TAKE THE PRIORITY DATE OF THE PERM FILED WITH MY EX EMPLOYER (NOV 2009).

THANKS.

Archived