I140 Education and Experience

nipukumar

Hi Folks,

I have one simple question on the Educational Qualification and Work experiences. I read in the forum people getting RFEs on these.

First of all does USCIS do a background verification by calling the Universities and Former employers to verify your Educational and Work experiences ? They just rely on the docs one submits ? Both these items can be fakes by individual. So on what evidence USCIS rely upon?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

USCIS can investigate whether the evidence submitted to them in support of an application for an immigration benefit is valid or fraudulent. A material misrepresentation of fact to a government official to obtain an immigration benefit is a serious violation that must be avoided.

USCIS has a program called Validation Instrument for Business Enterprises (VIBE) which uses commercially available information to find information about sponsoring employers. More information about VIBE can be found on the USCIS website.

Generally, if USCIS questions the evidence submitted (i.e., based on a VIBE inquiry), it will issue an Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) to give the applicant/petitioner an opportunity to explain the apparent discrepency.

Archived