Misdemanor

rohit1979

Iam on my EAD my priority date is 03-May-2007 eb2 india.iam expecting my dates to be current in the August bulleten.Iam planing to file my Wife AOS (I-485). The problem is she got a misdemanor in 2008 May. in michigan a shoplifting case (Kohls). got a 9 months probation. worked for a 40 hrs community service as ordered by the court.

Misdemanor Details:

920$ of fine which includes court fees and kohls everything .

40 hours of community service

probation that she should not enter in to kohls for 9 months.

1)what are the chances of her denial?

2)will this effect a primary applicant?

What are your suggestions?

Depending on the charge and what the state punishment maximum is and the specific deposition on her case, this could definitely affect her I-485 application. You will need to contact an immigration attorney who has experience with criminal immigration issues to assist you in the research, analysis, and preparation of your wife's I-485 application in consideration of the misdemeanor charge and conviction.

I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived