EB2 - Under/additional/Extended Review- Track here

indgold

I also spoke to L2 officer and I asked about my case, she said everything is fine, it is with officer now, as soon as he completes the review, he will approve and you get the card.

I also asked about anything pending, then she said everything is fine. Thats it, have a nice day, closed the call.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please count me in.

PD - Jan 2007.

Waiting for more than 3 months now. Still in "initial review". Almost tried every available follow-up option, what I came to know was that it's in background check.

My case is straight forward - same employer, same location, same position etc. No complications that I could think of, yet waiting. As mentioned in the previous post, if we know how long to wait we can plan accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Looks like i am in the same "lucky" category as you are

I got the following reply for my service request

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below".

EB3 to EB2 , priority date-2April 2007-NSC

Just wait for six months with fingers crossed ?

You should take an InfoPass and ask the officer if the namecheck (which is part of security check) is pending, and whether it was the first time it was running. It is possible that the namecheck on your case had to be rerun because the application could not be approved when the namecheck was cleared and current. In this case, you probably have more leverage. My case was stuck in namecheck for a year an a half. Not much you can do, short of filing Writ of Mandamus.

Belle : Did you do something that expedited the name check for you or did you just wait for the process to complete.

Except InfoPass every other option I tried said my petition is under background check. InfoPass appointment was good but didn't provide any information that was useful to me. The Officer couldn't actually see if mine was under back ground check.

• 4 weeks later...

No, I did not do anything to expedite the namecheck itself. It completed after a year and half. However, my case was still stuck for a few months after that. I did a service request after the namecheck got cleared (and got the usual dribble back) and a then case problem report with the CIS Ombudsman. I am not sure the second one helped, as I got approved two weeks after the case problem report (it probably takes more than two weeks to get the case looked at).

Gurus,Experts,Attorneys ,

Please help

Mine is a straight forward case,NO porting..

EB2 India ,PD Jul 28 2007 ,Applied for I-485 ON Aug 2007

I-140 Approved ,Current Since Nov 1 2011,when i called Customer service at USCIS 2 years back they told my application is pre-adjudicated waiting for a visa number ,but now after being current ,i did not hear anything ,so i raised an SR ,i got the same response as in this thread(we have to perform additional review) ,i am confused,

what are my options now? ,should i wait or can i contact local congressman or ombudsman ,or any other options,please advice thanks.

I also spoke to L2 officer and I asked about my case, she said everything is fine, it is with officer now, as soon as he completes the review, he will approve and you get the card.

I also asked about anything pending, then she said everything is fine. Thats it, have a nice day, closed the call.

Hi Indgold.

Wanted to check how do you talk to Level 2 office? I am in same boat. I-485 filed on 23 March, 2011. Online status still shows 'Initial Review. I have raised a SR 3 weeks. back. if there is no update in a week, I plan to call again.

Awaiting reply

thanks

I talked to 2nd level officer Today and was told my application is under additional review. Last week I was told my application is pre-adjudicated. It is confusing. I am still waiting for the SR response.

PD Oct 2006

RD Aug 31 2007

Thanks

Hi gkathirvel

Wanted to check how do you talk to a L2 officer? I am in same boat, AOS filed on March, 2011. status shows initial review. Raised a SR 3 weeks back, no development yet. I plan to call USCIS in a week and request to talk to L2 officer. Can you let me know if there is different process of talking to L2 officer ?

thanks

Archived