I140 Filed in Feb2011

zerphy

Hello Alice,

I really appreciate your help.

Have you applied I140 under EB1 category?

I would become 6yrs in USA on H1-B in Feb 2012 so I'm also in the final year. I tried asking my attorney if he would apply for my 485 along with 140 but he said no. The worst thing is that my attroney is not very helpful Mine is under EB 2 category and he says that since i have a 3years Master's Degree from India (Master's in Computer Applications) my I 140 would be rejected :( ..

Can you please give me some points with which I can go back with to attorney and get my I 485 and EAD applied too?

Riya Pal, i think degree frm india is quite risky, i tend to agree with your attorney. No i am not EB1, i am under EB2. Applied for 140 concurrent 485 and the EAD.. as far as possibility of the concurrency, i think it is country dependent, if you want you can consult my attorney, i highly recommend him.let me know if you need his information? he has been very helpful and all my process was very fast! i got my PERM approved in 1 week! it was crazy.

You cannot apply for I-485 unless your priority date is current. I assume that you have already applied in EB2. Then, if you are from India with priority date after 8 May 2006 OR if you are from China with priority date after 22 Jul 2006, you CANNOT apply for I-485 until your priority date is current. If you are from any other country, then you should be able to apply for I-485 now, because all dates are current.

On a side note, if you fear for getting your EB2 rejected, you may want to file another application in EB3. If any of the two applications is approved before your 6 years on H1-B are over, you can get your H1-B extended every 3 years for 3 more years until you have a job with your current employer or in certain complicated cases, even if you change your jobs.

Again, you cannot apply for I-485, EAD and AP until your priority date is before the date posted in the USCIS visa bulletin, if you are from India or China.

Hello Alice and EB1,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Alice if you could provide me your attorney's details that would be great...

May be I think EB1 is correct you cannot apply for I 485 until and unless the priority date is current... I'm from India like EB1 said current ly it is May 2006 that is being processed...

As far as my attorney said if my I 140 in EB2 normal processing is rejected he would apply for EB3 under premuim processing i probably shud convince him to start the EB3 application too ..

If I change my job after my I 140 to a new company would i need to restart my perm etc or

can i convince them to continue with the gc processing ? Do companies usually continue or they just drop the case?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone get I-140 approval who got applied in Feb 2011? My 140 details are

I-140 Applied

Date Filed: Feb 22nd, 2011

Service Center: Texas

Processing Service: Regular

Decision: Initial Review

I think Texas Service Center is running a bit slow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Friends my employer filed I140 in Feb but still waiting for approval...checked USICS website and noticed that they are currently processing April 2011 Cases not sure what is happening with my case....Really worried at this point...Is there anyone else having the same issue???

I-140 Applied

Date Filed: Feb 18 2011

Service Center: Texas

Processing Service: Regular

Decision: Initial Review

• 2 weeks later...

My Employer filed the I-140 with TSC on Jan 26 2011 through Regular Service. Thought it is close to Feb. So posted that up.

Decision is still in Initial Review.

I know that I can do Premium but on the other hand, I filed my H1B extension for 7th year based on my Labor. So I really don't want to take any chances in this situation.

If anyone is good with their H1B and already contacted USCIS, please post what the follow up is.

• 2 months later...

Archived