H4 visa stamping without H1B stamped on passport

vsudhanshu

Hello All,

I have got my H1B approved recently. I have my I-797, I-129 and I-94 documents as well as other supporting documents to send them to my wife in India for her dependent (H4 visa). Do you know that during the interview for H4 visa, does she really have to have a copy of valid H1B visa of principal applicant stamped on the passport? OR I797, I129 and I94 would work fine? Previously I was on F1 visa and this is my first H1B and earlier I tried to file F2 visa for my wife which got rejected reason being I was on OPT.

Please help guys. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

My wifes H4 is put on hold and consulate (HYD)asked for my H1B valid visa stamp in my PP which I dont have. I have I-797 valid H1B and rest of all documents - Working for the same company since my last H1B visa stamp.

I have contacted my Attorney and they said H1B visa stamp is not needed for H4 visa stamp. They said they will prepare for a response.

Does anyone had the same experience? If my wife goes back to consulate with that response, will she get the stamping done? or is it safer - If I go to my H1B stamp in Mexico or Canada and send her the stamping copy in my passport?

Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi vsudhanshu .. Jus wanted to know whether she got the visa or not.. I have the same question and still confused whether she will be able to get it or not...

Originally posted by vsudhanshu:

Hello All,

I have got my H1B approved recently. I have my I-797, I-129 and I-94 documents as well as other supporting documents to send them to my wife in India for her dependent (H4 visa). Do you know that during the interview for H4 visa, does she really have to have a copy of valid H1B visa of principal applicant stamped on the passport? OR I797, I129 and I94 would work fine? Previously I was on F1 visa and this is my first H1B and earlier I tried to file F2 visa for my wife which got rejected reason being I was on OPT.

Please help guys. Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Archived