EB3 to EB2 - 3 yr degree - but not getting adminsion to MS

Hello All,

I have a 3 yr degree from India and came to know that I cant re-file in EB2 ( I have EB3 labor and I-140 approved ) due to 3 yr degree as US Unversities not considering 3 yr degree as bachelors degree - does this means I have to do bachelors first them MS, that gonna take hell lot of time, please help.

Thanks

Originally posted by omshiv:

Many Universities take 3 yr bachelor's degree for admission in their Masters.

BTW, are you doing your Master's so that you can port your EB3 to EB2?

Are there any options? How long one can stay on H1B with all the hassle USCIS is creating? I completed successfully 13 years on H1B. I guess Masters is the only option for out of luck folks like us to port EB3 to EB2.

University of Phoenix accepts 3 year degree for their admission to Masters. Your Indian University will ahve to send the transcripts directly to them for evaluation.

It worked for me. Hope it works for you and everybody.

I wish if someone knew how to convert the 3 yr degree to 4 year too, like take X number of classes in a community college etc.

Originally posted by pernalguy:

Are there any options? How long one can stay on H1B with all the hassle USCIS is creating? I completed successfully 13 years on H1B. I guess Masters is the only option for out of luck folks like us to port EB3 to EB2.

Here it goes again. Where is USCIS creating a hassle? It is just following the rules of the land.

Again, you do not qualify for an EB2 just by completing your Masters. You only qualify if the job requires a Masters degree. As I have been saying all along, you need to find a position which requires a bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years experience, which will make you eligible to file under EB2.

Originally posted by vvhk:

Originally posted by pernalguy:

Here it goes again. Where is USCIS creating a hassle? It is just following the rules of the land.

Again, you do not qualify for an EB2 just by completing your Masters. You only qualify if the job requires a Masters degree. As I have been saying all along, you need to find a position which requires a bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years experience, which will make you eligible to file under EB2.

3 year degree is not considered as Bachelors period. Even if I complete Bachelors by taking extra credits from US university, I will not be able to file in EB2. Masters is the only option or else pack and go!

"I wish if someone knew how to convert the 3 yr degree to 4 year too, like take X number of classes in a community college etc."

As far as I remember, community colleges don't award bachelor's degrees. However, if you want to get a US Bachalor's all you need to do is to contact colleges you are interested in, and ask them what their graduation requirements are. I actually transfered 3 years worth of credits to a US university once and got a Bachalor's degree after one year (had to take a boat load of cources and some mandatory classes by exam, but then there was nothing else to take there, anyway). I did it more out of boredom than anything else, but it's possible.

Archived