Urgent : H4 extension

abtoaja

Here is my case -

I am on H1B. My employer has started GC process for me in EB2 category. My I140 is approved and my I-485 has been filed in July 2007. The priority date is Dec 2006.

My wife is on H4. My employer's attorney has filed her I-485 along with my application in July 2007.

We are trying to file for my wife's H4 extension but got stuck at following questions. What should be the answers ?

1. Are you, or any other person included on the application, an applicant for an immigrant visa? YES/NO

2. Has an immigrant petition ever been filed for you or for any other person included in this application? YES/NO

3. Has a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, ever been filed by you orby any other person included in this application? YES/NO

I think the answer should be Yes for all the questions but I read somewhere that the "Yes" answer may cause denial to the H4 extension.

I am sure many people will be in same situation as mine. What did you do? Could you get H4 extension with Yes answer?

Thanks!

Archived