PD-Feb2011 / I-140 approved. Planning to get married in Nov-dec2012.

rohit_y24

Hi,

I am from India and I Have my priority date as Feb-2011 and my I-140 is approved. I am engaged and planning to get married in nov-dec 2011. I have few questions.

1) Is there any possibility of my PD becoming current before nov-dec 2012?

2) If my PD becomes current before that, for approx how much time it remains current? Will I have enough time (2-3 months) to go back home and get married and than file AOS for both of us?

3) In case there is not enough time for me to go back and get married, what should I do? Can I file my AOS, still be on H1 and bring my wife with me on H4 and then file her AOS? What are the complications with that?

The other option I have is to get married sooner. But I want to wait till nov-dec 2012 if its possible and If I dont see any isses.

Please suggest.

Thanks

1) Is there any possibility of my PD becoming current before nov-dec 2012?

A. No. Even it becomes current it will take time to get approval.

2) If my PD becomes current before that, for approx how much time it remains current? Will I have enough time (2-3 months) to go back home and get married and than file AOS for both of us? S

A. Slim to no chances of getting current. If it gets current you will have at least 1 month to file.

3) In case there is not enough time for me to go back and get married, what should I do? Can I file my AOS, still be on H1 and bring my wife with me on H4 and then file her AOS? What are the complications with that?

A. It is preferred to file AOS together. It is cumpulsory to get married before AOS approval. If you get married before AOS approval, there are no complications. Otherwise, 4-5 years wait.

Archived