AP question

s_usa

I had applied for AP in first week of march and got the receipt. Since than its showing the status as "initial review". Its almost three months and no progress. I have travel plans for the third week of june. Does anybody has any idea why its taking so long for AP this year? Its my 8th AP and never took more than 6 week to get it renewed although everytime the processing time was the same(3 months). My friend is also waiting for his AP for more than 3 months. Should l take infopass and show the tickets and get AP or l have to put a request and wait to get it in mail!!! If AP and EAD are taking so long what could we expect from USCIS about GC. Its really frustrating.

Definitely get an infopass appointment. I had a similar delay last year, and I couldn't get any information by phone at all, even at the 2nd level of customer service. At the infopass appt, I found out that my fingerprints on file were too old, but no notice had been sent. Unfortunately, this meant they couldn't give me my AP immediately, and they had to set up an appt to get new fingerprints taken. Of course, you may not get your AP in time anyway (I didn't).

This year AP is taking a long time. Mine too got delayed. For INFOPASS, you have to have an emergency. Just tickets is not enough. Something like a death in the family. Not even that some one is serious and likely to die.

If you other genuine reasons, you can send the documentation to the service center along with an expedite request. They might or might not expedite it, depending on the reason.

GC processing and AP processing have no relation.

Hi s_usa,

Try to call customer service and request expedite since your case is out of the processing window. When requesting expedite service, let them know that you have travel plans and it is getting affected because of this issue. They will understand and approve yours.

Just my 2c

If you try to expedite through customer service, check to make sure it hasn't already been approved, but is being held up for some reason. Mine was, but their system access couldn't tell them why it hadn't been issued. We did 2 requests for expedition but nothing arrived. Once a request has been put in, they say they can't do anything for another 6 days! When I went for my infopass appt, they asked me why I had waited so long... aaaah!

If you are past the processing time and you have tickets, get an appointment - you have nothing to lose...

Archived