NUMBER OF DAYS CAN STAY IN INDIA ON H1B. WILL THERE BE ANY ISSUES IF CROSSED THAT LIMIT?

Hello,

I arrived India on May 3rd, 2024 and been here since then, and will possibly extend the stay. Is there any limit on how long we can stay in India on H1B? My current H1B visa is approved and stamped during this trip.

Also my current I-797 will expire in Feb 2025, I have I-140 approved. How long before the expiry date of current I-797 I should go back to USA?  Will there be any problems if I extend my stay more than required as the course of this visit is due to family medical conditions.

Check with your current employer/client, and if they are ok with it, you can stay in India for a few months.  Your employer can file your H1b in counselor processing and you can get an H1b stamp and go back after February 2025.  Make sure that your passport has enough validity (one + years) to accommodate the new I-94.  Good Luck.