Return to the US with approved I140, options?

Hope you all are doing well. I have an unusual query related to my immigration status.

I arrived the United States in 2009 on a student visa after which my H1B visa was sponsored by my employer. I also have an approved i140 (EB2, Aug, 2018)

However, due to family health reasons, I had to return to India in 2019, ending my employment in Aug, 2019. I have been working as an independent contractor as a self employed individual since then, however, my company in India is not registered in the United States.

I am trying to return to the US and wanted to understand the best options for me to return and initiate the green card process again. 

I understand the i140 can still be used since I can have an H1B transfer, but are there any other options? Does an approved i140 work with L1 visas too? I believe H1B green card processing times are getting delayed every year and want to see if there is any other workaround. 

I am badly in need of help and would appreciate any advice.