H4 to F1 Conversion- Staying in US past 12 years on H4

Recommended Posts

Hi All- I am on H1B status and I-140 approved and my priority data is Dec-11-2014. My son is studying in USA since his kindergarten. Currently he is studying in Engineering. He is on H4 status from past 14 years. He is about to turn 21 in next 10 moths. Is there a way he continue as Dependent status or Is there a possibility to get H4 EAD, I have gone through in google and they stated as follows "

Q: At what age can a dependent child get an EAD?

A: Children over age 16-18 and full-time students under age 24 may apply for an EAD, if they meet other eligibility requirements.


Also ii red some where in the google about this bill 

"H.R.3442 - Protecting Children of Long-Term Visa Holders Act of 2023"


By any chance can anyone of you help on what are all options available in this regard?


Thanks and Regard.



Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.