Questions on I-130, after voided B1/B2 visa due to extension

I am getting my US citizenship soon and plan to file the I-130 petition for my parents GC. I have some complication here since we had previous issues with extension, voided B1/B2 visa and rejection from US embassy to get a new visitor visa. Here is the story:

1. My parents came to US in May 2008 and got a 6 months stamp on their I94 (till Nov 2008). I helped to do extension for them but unsuccessful. We received the notification for the rejection in January 2009 and they left within 7 days after receiving the notification letter.

2. My parents came to US again in October 2009 and managed to come in using the SAME visa and got another 6 months for their I-94. This time, they left prior to the I-94 expiration.

3. My parents came to US again in July 2010, trying to use the SAME visa. But this time, they were denied at the POE as they don't have a valid visa. They were asked to fly back to their home country through the 1st available flight. My parents were given some docs. which said that they were effectively withdraw their entrance into US (instead of being deported). The officers at the POE even told my parents that they can come in again once they got a new US visa.

4. My parents tried to apply a new US B1/B2 visa at the US consulate in Aug 2010 at their home countries. However, their application were denied.

I looked at the I-130 petition form, the question 16 on the form stated:

"Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?"

So, I am confused whether I should say yes or no for this question?

Also, do you think my case is complicated that I actually need a lawyer to handling the green card petition and filing for my parents?

Thanks!

Likuliku

Archived