Green Card lost in mail ??

ashu20777

I485 approved date: Jun 01

Welcome notice recieved: Jun 04

I did not recieve my GC in mail yet. So I called USCIS, she gave me the USPS tracking number. On tracking the shipment on USPS website, I was shocked that it says:

"Your item was delivered at 12:00 pm on June 06, 2011 in FREMONT, CA 94538"

But I never recieved the mail in my mailbox. I confirmed that they have my correct mailing address.

Anyone else with similar exprience ??

I guess my only option is to file I-90 form now !!

My wife is kind of in a similar situation - but her card was returned undelivered to USCIS. I was told by the IO that call back in a few days so that their system shows that they card has been received - they will then mail it back to the new address.

I guess in your case - if someone has received it - assuming if that person has some moral values to not to keep or destroy others mail- he would try to send it back to USCIS - I would suggest wait for 30 days and then call the USCIS again- if they have received it back, they should be able to mail it back again to your new address.

We just called USCIS - they processed a request to mail the card back to our new address - they also gave me a reference #. Make sure to be connected to the second level - i.e the immigration officer they have lot more ability to process requests and view detailed case info.

Good luck

Archived