Green Card renewal after 14th birthday

So I was supposed to renew my daughter's GC once she turned 14 per USCIS rules. The application was submitted on the 30th day since her birthday. I only had to pay the biometric fee and finger printing was done (filing within 30 days). Then I received a letter stating that the application was denied because "USCIS records indicate that you filed more than 30 days AFTER your 14th birthday". And I need to re-apply paying the full fee including biometric. I spoke to the support but the said they are helpless. Is there a way to appeal it? Filing 290B is going to cost more than the I-90 application fee. Or I just need to bite the bullet and re-apply paying the full fee? By the way the greensward is valid for several more years.

Thanks for the reply. Birthday was Oct 22nd, submitted on Nov 20th, USCIS receipt on 21st Nov (that is 30th day according to my calculation). I guess they may be counting 22nd itself as day one instead of the next day; anyway....